Outlander Gracie of Chippewa - born June 5, 2005 (Outlander Kennel, Colorado).
Gracie received her first hunting exposure on wild birds at four months of age early in the 2005/6 upland bird season. Initially, she focused on stealing every bird being retrieved by Cody and Delta and bringing them to me. Then she realized what hunting was all about and she began finding, pointing and holding her own birds. Now in her fifth hunting season, she displays excellent range, pointing, and backing, and does an exceptional job of tracking wounded birds.
Gracie has always been very obedient and easily trained. By seven months she was retrieving all birds and training dummies to hand and eager to stand up on her hind legs to deliver when asked. She is a delightful girl that loves attention and fearlessly explores new places and situations.
Gracie is a lot of dog in a small package (42 pounds). This was exemplified when she produced 10 puppies in her first litter (March, 2008) and did a beautiful job of raising them all without assistance. She has been very prolific, producing 9 puppies in her second litter (January, 2009) and eight in her third (February, 2010).
- Natural Ability - Prize 1 (112 pts., maximum) - 14 months of age
- Along with several littermates earned NAVHDA Natural Ability Breeders Award for Outlander Kennel
- Gracie's father and mother are both Versatile Champions, the highest level awarded by NAVHDA
- Utility test - Prize 1 (201 pts. out of 204 maximum) - Fall, 2009
- Along with littermates earned NAVHDA Utility Breeders Award for Outlander kennel in 2008
- Gracie's 2009 litter earned a NAVHDA Natural Ability Breeders Award at 10 months of age; five of eight pups tested scored 112 (maximum).
- Three puppies from Gracie's 2010 litter ran their NAVHDA Natural Ability tests at less than 6 mos. of age and two passed. They will be re-tested along with other pups from the litter in Spring, 2011.
- The first of Gracies's pups to be tested in Utility earned a Prize 2 at just over 2 years of age.
OFA hip evaluation: GOOD